We are excited to announce our 2023 Cars and Caves Car Show schedule. Mark your calendar for the last Saturday of the month, April through September. The show is hosted by the Chanhassen AutoPlex and made possible with the support or our amazing sponsors.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No standing or filming will be permitted on Audubon as cars leave.
Show Car Criteria
All collector, muscle, antique, street rod, exotic vehicles, and vintage motorcycles are welcome. The following car classes are admitted into the show area:
- Classic cars: Cars manufactured between 1925 and 1948 are still in original or restored condition.
- Collector cars: Cars that are at least 25 years old and have been restored or maintained in their original condition.
- Muscle cars: High-performance American-made cars produced between the mid-1960s and early 1970s.
- Antique cars: Cars that are at least 45 years old and are in original or restored condition.
- Street rods: Custom-built cars designed to resemble cars from the 1930s and 1940s.
- Exotic vehicles: High-performance sports cars and luxury vehicles typically rare and expensive.
- Vintage motorcycles: Motorcycles that are at least 35 years old and are in original or restored condition.
Please make sure that your vehicle is clean, polished, and free of any damage or rust. We would also ask that you arrive early to ensure that you have enough time to park and set up/
If you’re a car enthusiast but don’t have a vehicle that fits into one of these categories, don’t worry! The public is welcome to spectate the event and drive their everyday car. We will have plenty of space for parking and viewing the show, so feel free to come and enjoy the day with us.
2023 Show Dates
All show cars are welcome. The themes below represent the interest of the show to make these makes more welcome. Other makes will be admitted until the show space is full. Please note we have new hours for 2023. The show will happen 9:00 am – 1:00 pm April – September.
Cars & Caves
- April 29th – Open show
- May 27th- Classics – 25 years or older
- June 24th- Italian – Ferrari, Maserati, Fiat, Lambo and etc.
- July 29th – American – Ford, Mopar, GM, Pontiac and etc.
- August 26th – British – MG, Mini, Aston, Jag, McLaren
- September 30th – German – Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW
Wednesday Summer Nights
We are also resuming our weekday Wednesday Summer Nights shows Wednesdays from 5:00pm-8:00pm.
- June 21st
- July 19th
- August 16th
- September 13th
View our Event Calendar
View spectator parking map.
These are our six amazing charity partners for 2023. These shows are an important way for all of us to give back to the community.
- April 29th – Featured Charity: Wishes & More
- May 27th – Featured Charity: Cody’s Heroes / Happy Tails Rescue
- June 24th – Featured Charity: Ronald McDonald House
- July 29th – Featured Charity: Special Olympics Minnesota
- August 26th – Featured Charity: Cars Against Crime
- September 30th – Featured Charity: Chanhassen Fire Department
We extend our sincere gratitude to our 2023 Cars & Caves car show sponsors. Without their generous support, our Saturday morning car shows would not be possible. These are local businesses that share our passion for cars and support the car enthusiast community. Please show your appreciation by supporting them as they support us.
Cars… This show features exotic, classic, custom, and collector cars. You know, the type that you don’t see in the parking lots. If you have one of these cars, you likely want to get out and drive it or show it off. This is the place for you!
Best In Show… Each month one of the Chanhassen AutoPlex board members will hand out a best-of-show trophy. This happens at NOON, so you must be present to win.
Coffee & Food… Each month our local Chanhassen favorites, Dandy Lion Coffee and Dog Park Gourmet, will be onsite to provide great drinks and food to enjoy while at the show.
Garages… Yes, the cars are cool, but check out the garages! Chanhassen AutoPlex is known around the country for their amazing man caves. These garages feature amazing car and automobilia collections. Many of the garages are themed to reflect the owner’s specific interest. Many of the garages are open for viewing.
Free… There is no cost to bring your car or family. All of the shows are sponsored by a charity group. These groups may ask for a donation, but a donation is not required. 100% of any funds raised belong to the charity.
Family Friendly… Bring the spouse and the kids. If your family hasn’t enjoyed other car shows where you had to drag them along, this is the car show for you. The air-conditioned clubhouse is a good place to get out of the sun, rest your feet, or use clean indoor plumbing. The garage owners are friendly, often inviting the little ones to get their picture taken in a car or handing out stickers.
Dogs or other animals… While we love our animals, we know from past events not everyone does. Since this event is about the cars please leave the dog, cat or alligator at home.
See the virtual car show in Virtual Tours.